Quick note on some of the culinary going-ons currently happening on these here Internets. These are blogs I like to frequent due to their writing style and breadth of content.
- Delicious Days features stellar entries for the jam-and-sweet-preserves theme of the latest installment of Sugar High Friday.
- 101 Cookbooks tells us what to do with Halloumi Cheese. I want to do this! Anyone know where I can score Halloumi in Portland?
- Becks and Posh keeps meme alive. Five things to eat before you die. I agree wholeheartedly with the wanton immolation of the lamb chop.
- Tuna Toast gets her seafood on at Roy’s in LA. Delish.
- Chubby Hubby exhalts the big breakfast. Doesn’t Singapore seem like such a perfect amalgamation of some bizarro world culture where the food is meticulously arranged and presented?
On the Portland tip:
- Gastronaut drops in on Andina and has a deep, meaningful, eHarmony-type connection with the waitress as she breathlessly explains the specials in an anglicized Latin patois. That would get me all hot as well.
- ExtraMSG finishes his Tip Sheet 2.25 despite all the backseat drivers and Monday morning quarterbacks at Portlandfood.org.
- Hungry T lives the good life for his birthday weekend. We all wish we could live like that for a day, much less three.
- And last, but definitely not least, Je Mange la Ville continues to make everything look easy and effortless, such as Killer Zucchini Casserole, Falafel, Pork Tenderloin with Fig-Orange Jam with Cinnamon & Sesame Seeds, and, amazingly, her home makeover mosaic project.